From the KPI list page, click on the menu option ‘Configuration’ for Overall Equipment Effectiveness. You will then be taken to the configuration page. Here you need to select appropriate sensors to provide suitable input data for each part of the formula:
OEE = Availability x Performance (= Actual production / Possible production) x Quality
- Actual machine rate (performance): This sensor needs to supply data indicating the actual number of products being produced at that moment. You can choose for a rate sensor or a (total) count sensor. In case of the rate sensor you need to setup the time rate as well (second, minute or hour).
- Maximum machine rate (performance): This sensor needs to supply data indicating the maximum possible rate at that moment. In food machinery for example this will change depending on the product type which the machine is producing at that moment. You can choose for a rate sensor or a fixed value. In case of the rate sensor you need to setup the time rate as well (second, minute or hour).
- Machine status (availability): This sensor needs to be supplying data on the current status of your machine. Is it actively running or not? The virtual or physical sensor need to provide the following values: "0" for "OFF", "1" when the machine is operating normally, "2" if the machine is in failure.
- Machine bad rate (Quality): This sensor needs to supply data indicating the number of incorrect products being produced.
- The targets functionality within the KPI configuration pages allows you to set up cautionary and emergency targets. You will then receive a daily notification if the KPI value for the previous 24 hours falls below a target. It works in a very similar way to the threshold function in the sensor settings.
Once this is done, you have to click save, upon which your KPI will become active.