Key Performance Indicators allow you to measure a specific aspect of your business. The value produced can then be used to monitor and compare how well that aspect of your business is performing over time. For business managers, KPIs can therefore be extremely powerful decision making tools.
With regard to machinery KPIs, innius’ solution helps you to setup meaningful KPIs.
innius’ straightforward approach to machine KPIs means that the emphasis for users is upon ensuring there are appropriate sensors to provide the input data. In many cases this will require making virtual sensors which provide data which matches the specifications required (refer to the articles How to configure a virtual sensor and What is a script?). The KPI calculations themselves are all contained within innius itself, and will automatically generate KPI values once the inputs have been provided.
Five industry standard KPIs are currently available. These and their associated formulas are as follows:
- Capacity Utilization
- Actual machine rate / Maximum machine rate
- Energy Efficiency (EE)
- Energy consumption / Actual machine rate
- Meantime To Repair (MTTR)
- Downtime / Number of repairs
- Meantime Between Failure (MTBF)
- Uptime / Number of repairs
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Availability x Performance x Quality
These KPIs will help you to answer business questions such as:
- Is my machine being run efficiently, in terms of operating hours, production speed and the quality of products being produced?
- What impact do various production decisions have upon machine efficiency?
- How efficiently are we using a machine compared to industry standards?
- How has machine efficiency changed over time?
- How maintainable is my machine?
- How reliable is my machine?
- Is my machine using energy efficiently?
For more information on how to monitor your KPI data read the article Monitoring KPIs